There is always a need for individuals to be supported by managers and leaders in the work that they do. In these times, people are likely to be more stressed, and under greater pressure in many areas of their work.
This workshop is suitable for organisations of any size, and for SME leaders and owners of small, developing businesses. In this workshop we focus on identifying support needs for individuals, and planning how to meet those needs.
Topic: Supporting people in times of change and disruption
Date: Wednesday 17th November 2021
Time: 9:30am – 12:30pm
This workshop is practical and informative, with no unnecessary theory, and provides practical strategies to follow. You will work with a trainer who has managed teams and led organisations in several business sectors, managing an SME for the last 20 years. In the last 10 years he has worked with over 120 teams in Airbus and managed trainers delivering development workshops in the UK, Europe, China and Singapore.
We know what drives individual engagement – clear purpose; shared values; autonomy; having a voice; support and encouragement; trust. We explore how you will:
- Build a simple engagement survey (we provide a format), analyse the results, and use them to increase motivation and engagement
- Develop an activity to identify and build shared and agreed values that people will use in the organisation
- Clarify individual roles and responsibilities and check support needs
- Check that feedback mechanisms are working, and that meetings provide
- opportunities for positive feedback and openness
- Conduct a ‘Trust Check’
These workshops are delivered as part of the Business Ready programme to support tech based and knowledge intensive small businesses, with high growth potential based in the Coventry & Warwickshire LEP area.
This project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund, forming part of the CW Business: Start, Grow and Scale Programme.