This workshop is aimed at anyone who touches a computer! The workshop is free of Jargon, no prior technical knowledge is required.
Cyber security is very much in the news and is very much a part of doing business everyday. However with the global threat increasing, all organisations must take steps to reduce their risks. But where to start and who to ask in a world full of three letter acronyms and jargon.
Date: Tuesday 10th May 2022
Time: 9:30am – 12:00pm
ONLINE VIA Zoom
Register on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/keeping-the-human-cyber-face-workshop-tickets-297954117787
- Inadvertent disclosure of information that could be used in a social engineering attack;
- Not recognizing unusual activity or not reporting it;
- Accessing sensitive information unrelated to the user’s role; and
- Clicking on malicious email links or opening unknown attachments.
People are one of the key assets of any organisation. Our experience has proven an informed workforce is fundamental to implementing effective systems and processes and can be your biggest ally against risk. Arming your employees with the skills to deter those who would compromise you is the first of many steps you can take to protect your organisation.
Risk Evolves prides itself in delivering the theory supported by practical, interactive sessions and illustrate using real examples. This is not “death by PowerPoint”.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Translate some of the jargon eg. Spam, phishing, ransomware,
- •Understand the consequences of your IT related actions.
- Apply IT Security principles to both domestic and commercial use;
- Understand the potential consequences of sharing information on social media platforms;
- Offers best practice advice and guidance throughout the training
- What are the Cyber Risks today? Where are the threats?
- Who are these cyber criminals? And why are they attacking us?
- What do we mean when we talk about a cyber-attack or a cyber enabled attack?
- What are phishing emails, Malware, Hacking and Ransomware?
- What is social engineering?
- How do I protect myself, my business and my family?
These workshops are delivered as part of the Business Ready programme to support tech based and knowledge intensive small businesses, with high growth potential based in the Coventry & Warwickshire LEP area.
This project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund, forming part of the CW Business: Start, Grow and Scale Programme.