An underpinning knowledge needed to recruit the right people for the business.
Tips on how to go about recruiting to ensure you attract and identify the very best candidates.
An overview of relevant aspects of employment law within the recruitment and selection process. A checklist for managing recruitment.
What: Effective Recruitment – getting it right!
When: Wednesday 20th November 2019, 9:00am to 12:30pm
Where: Warwick Innovation Centre, Warwick Technology Park, Gallows Hill, Warwick, CV34 6UW
Who is this event aimed at?
This workshop is for every business manager who has responsibility for recruitment, including line managers and admin staff.
What will attendees gain?
Three-hour workshops with a high proportion of practical exercises to gain new knowledge and skills through practise. The aim is to learn through role-play, feedback and self-analysis.
Recognition of the importance of recruiting the right people to your business. Understanding of how to manage the recruitment process in an efficient and cost effective way.
- Preparing to recruit. Do you know what you are looking for – job description, personal qualities?
- Have you considered the salary and benefits that go with the role?
- Why would someone want to work for you? What can you offer and how will it attract people to apply?
- Starting the recruitment process, How to go about recruiting.
- Different ways to attract applicants. What’s right for your business?
- What are the pros and cons of each? What are the costs?
- Positioning– how you describe what it is and what you are looking for.
- What will you do with the applications you receive? Get the admin right.
- Determining your process – what is right for your business.
- What can you and can’t do. How will you choose between applicants?
- Shortlisting, Interviewing, Other methods, The decision, The offer.
Please sign up using the link below, and feel free to pass this onto internal colleagues and external contacts.
These workshops are delivered as part of the Business Ready programme to support tech based and knowledge intensive small businesses, with high growth potential based in the Coventry & Warwickshire LEP area.
This project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund, forming part of the CW Business: Start, Grow and Scale Programme.